Friday, January 27, 2012

"Be There"


"Be There"

In our very busy lives, death or personal tragedies do not make appointments to fit into our schedules. We often have to attend the funeral services of family or friends, as I have done many times recently.

If it is a close family member, we have to be there. If it is close friend we want to be there. In other instances, we might be there.

As I observed the families of the friends I lost, or reflected on the loss of my father and brother years ago, I was reminded of just how important it is to just be there. Be there to let them know you care. Be there to let them know they are not alone. Be there so they might find a smile in the midst of their grief.

Dr. Robert Schuller made the observation that we are not human beings having a spiritual encounter. We are spiritual beings having a human encounter. Even when you are at a lost for words, your presence can be spiritually uplifting. Just be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment