Friday, January 27, 2012

"The First GREAT Leader I Knew"


"The First GREAT Leader I Knew"

My father was the first great leader I ever knew. Before I had even heard the word "leadership," I saw in my father the self-motivation to succeed. Here was a man who, at the age of eighteen, walked off of his father's very small dirt farm to pursue his dreams. He didn't have a car, a job, or a degree … but he had his dreams, and the desire to succeed.

Raising a family in Atlanta in the fifties and sixties was not easy, especially considering the economic and social conditions of that day. But he still wanted to give his sons a little bit better start in life than he had. He worked three jobs to make it happen.

Dad died at the young age of 56. But he had achieved all of his dreams. As time goes by, some things grow dimmer and dimmer, but Dad's inspiration grows brighter and brighter. Thanks Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment